Accessible Educational Materials Center
The Accessible Education Materials (AEM) Center is part of the Outreach Program at the Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
AEM services are available to public, private, and home schools and agencies providing educational programs for prekindergarten through 12th grade children and students who are blind or visually impaired.
Services provided include:
- Central depository of braille and large print textbooks and specialized educational aids for loan
- K-12 textbooks and educational materials for qualifying children and students through funds provided by the American Printing House (APH) Federal Quota Program
- Textbook research, information, dissemination, and referral
For recreational reading or professional materials, contact Michelle Rueckert at 608-758-6118 at the WCBVI Media Center.
- WCBVI Book Request Process
- Textbook Request Form
- APH Instructional Products Online Catalog
- WCBVI APH Consumable and Loan Request Form
Please submit a WCBVI APH Consumable and Loan Request Form to request the following products:
- Light Touch Brailler
- SMART Brailler
- Electric Brailler
- Unimanual Brailler
- DPI Bulletin 20.02: Legal Requirements for Accessible Educational Materials for Eligible Students with Disabilities
- Accessible Media Producers Database (AMP) provided by the American Printing House for the Blind (APH)
For questions contact: AEM@wcbvi.k12.wi.us