The Little Peanuts Center at the Wisconsin School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (WSBVI) is an Individual Education Plan (IEP) driven day program designed to provide an environment and curriculum specifically designed to facilitate development of all children who are blind or have low vision; including those with additional disabilities. Effective collaboration with local school districts is optimal in providing the least restrictive environment for students who are blind and visually impaired; including those who have additional disabilities.
Curriculum is designed to facilitate overall child development and is based upon the best practice model for children who are blind or visually impaired. Here is just a sample of our curriculum:
- Hands-on learning about the world
- Creative Curriculum and online student portfolio system
- Integrating the WI Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Essential Elements (EE) and the WI Model Early Learning Standards (WI-MELS)
- Active Learning Strategies and data collection
- Calendar Systems
- Story and Experience Boxes to provide meaningful representations of daily activities and stories
- Strong program to develop Concept Development
- Literacy and Pre-Literacy development utilizing large print, braille, auditory (audio books in multiple digital formats)
- Wide range of cutting edge technology
Tours and Presentations
Tours and presentations can be arranged with Mandy Jordan at (608) 758-6141 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.