Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Date: June 3, 2020
Location: Via Zoom – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting information.
The State Superintendent’s Advisory Council on Blindness and Visual Impairment
- advises the state superintendent on statewide activities to benefit students
- who are blind or visually impaired;
- makes recommendations for improvements in services provided by the
- Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (WCBVI);
- and proposes ways to improve the preparation of teachers and staff and
- coordination between the department and other agencies that offer services
- to the visually impaired.
- Public Input and Comments, Introductions
- Prior Meeting Minutes Approval
- Council Member Updates (Council Members report on stakeholder activities
- and/or concerns)
- Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Updates
- WCBVI Updates
- Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library Updates
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired Training Program Update
- Facilitated discussion: Remote Learning- Challenges, Successes & Insights
You may provide input to the meeting via letter, email, phone, or in person.
Please RSVP to Amanda Jordan if you plan to attend the meeting.
Written input can be sent to the above email address or to: State
Superintendent’s Advisory Council on Blindness & Visual Impairment Education (attn:
Amanda Jordan), 1700 W State St, Janesville, WI 53546
Advisory Council Chairperson: Julie Hapeman,
DPI Liaison: Dan Wenzel, WCBVI Center Director,