New Teachers (Protégés)
“Coaching is a way to make an impact in our field, to give support and specific suggestions on instruction. Being coached gives protégés the opportunity to network with others in a safe and supportive way.”
- Meghan Fredel (left), Teacher of the Visually Impaired and Orientation and Mobility Specialist in South Central Wisconsin
Welcome New Teacher!
The Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired is pleased that you are interested in participating in the Instructional Coaching Program as a Protégé!
You qualify to be matched with a coach if you meet one of the following criteria:
- TVI who is emergency-licensed and working in the field
- 1st year TVI or O&M who has completed a TVI or O&M approved program
- TVI or O&M who is new to the state or re-entering the profession
Benefits for Protégés (new teachers):
- Opportunities for same-certification collaboration and problem solving
- Increasing professional expertise through modeling
- Partnership and support from an experienced colleague in the unique field of teaching students with visual impairments